Assign modules on offcanvas module position to make them visible in the sidebar.

Our school

endees

801-452-4600  |  165 W. 5100 S., Washington Terrace, UT 84405

Joomla Monster Education Template

T.H. Bell Logo with T.H. Bell Jr. High Home of the Minutemen

 

 

T.H. Bell Community Council Meeting

November 10, 2016    4:00 PM    Office Conference Room

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Minutes: 

 

Welcome: Mike Waters- date was switched due to funeral from 11/4/16 to 11/5/16

Review of Meeting Minutes from last meeting:

In Attendance: Mike Waters, Ariana Sears, John Richards, Lenn Ward, Alicia Mitchell, Amy Morgan, Karen Roylance

Not in Attendance: Patty Camp (Sub was John Richards), Jenny Olsen, Karlinda Smith

  • Meeting Agenda topics:
    • SITFO.utah.gov website and sitfo.utah.gov/investments/
    • Training questions
    • Amendment B
    • Review Progress Report 2016-2017
    • Discuss School Improvement Plan 2017-18

 

  • It was voted that Mrs. Rampton receive her new Chromebook lab-10 and charging cart (that was ordered) for use this school year. All voting members were in favor.

 

  • SITFO:
    • School receive currently 2.3%
    • Amendment B did pass, capped at 4%
    • This will go into effect July of 2017

 

  • Review of the School Trust Plan Report Plan:
    • 2-3% growth and proficiency in academics (areas, reading, math, science)
    • SAGE testing is how we have collected evidence
    • Overall growth has been shown and we plan to continue to show growth
    • Teachers will be given PLC and Professional Development moving forward
    • We will continue to ask ourselves what will we can do to help students
    • We will lower class sizes
    • Use Assessment to Achievement to strengthen our PLC’s with teachers in departments and use data to drive our instruction moving forward.
    • Use Student Advocate to work with struggling students and their needs with grades and attendance.
    • We would like to help the Student Advocate position become something that is full time if we have more money in the future.
    • In the past we have had 5 goals...we have narrowed our focus to 3 goals in the report. We feel that has been more beneficial for the staff as we focus on the overall needs of the school.
    • We have 3 buy-outs this year and we will need 3 buy-outs for next year. Those will most likely be spent in the same core areas for next school year.
    • We would still like to put money aside for busing and for APEX next year.
    • We bought new books for Physics this year. Next year we will have that money to spend on another needed area.
    • We will buy another Chrome book lab. This will benefit every academic area.
    • We will update Chrome book labs as needed- we can also look at labs for each department moving forward as an agenda topic.
    • The lab we leased for this school year should arrive before Christmas Break.
    • Minuteman Core Class- took the class to the Environmental Center to bond and build self esteem. Also helped to build some trust. Also took them to complete the Boy Scouts Rope course.
    • They have seen great success for these student so far this school year. They have also seen these students reach some of their own goals.
    • Shared the classes “F” data and their chart
    • 8th grade buyouts are being looked at. We will have Shawn, Mark, and Monique.
    • Also discussed BHS Leaker Leap and the money we needed to set aside to help to fund those students who will need to make up that credit when they leave.
    • We will be working to get all 1st term students who are already of track in to APEX to get started.
    • John also going into math classes to have students track their current progress to help "incentivize" that progress and help us to know where each 9th grade students are at.
    • SMARTBoards have been a great educating tool in the classroom for the teachers who have them.

 

Mike Waters- Review of agenda and next meeting topics

  • Items to propose for next year’s plan:
    • Smartboards and student advocate hours
    • PLC budget
    • Chrome Book labs
    • Next Year’s Budget Plan for the school year.
    • APEX budget/ Laker Leap

Next meeting date is February 8, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Mike Waters- asked if anyone had any question or anything else to share and then meeting was adjourned.

Back to top